Hello Everyone, First I would like to say how you have all helped me research this disease that I had never heard of. All of your messages helped my family deal a little better with what we faced. My sisters husband who I have loved like a brother for 31 years was diagnosed with Stage4 scc about 7 weeks ago. Six years ago my husband and I and my sisters family bought a 2 family house together and all has been grand ever since. To say the least his cancer has us all devistated. It always seems to happen to someone else. Anyway, Jimmy has had 4 single treatments of chemo over 4 weeks, single doses of radiation 5 days a week for 4 weeks and six days of double dose radiation and facing several more. No surgery due to the location of the tumor which started on a tonsil. He also had a feeding tube put in which I have to say he handled very well! Once the double doses started he really started to feel the burns on his skin and the sores in his mouth. This has been very hard on my sister, watching him go trough this and feeling so helpless. I have read so many of your messages over the last few weeks and I pray for all of you. One of the good things that came from this site is the tee shirts for sale. Jimmy has always said "It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog" Imagine my surprise when I saw the tee shirts. I bought one each for several people including Jimmy. He really loved it. Please forgive my rambling but there is so much to say and I just thought it would be good to share with people who know how we feel. Any advise on how to keep the spirits of a cancer patient up would be greatly appreciated. None of us here can say we know how Jimmy feels because we don't although I know some of you do. You are truly a wonderful group of people. Well thanks so much for your attention and I will check back soon. God Bless and watch over you all.