Hi Samkl

Sorry to chime in so late, have been off the boards for a few weeks and only just seen your post.

Alex and I are in Sydney (friends of Gabe) and may be able to help as Alex possibly had a similar type of diagnosis and treatment. Your signature suggests that your brother had 2 or 3 different types of chemo in 3 cycles,3 weeks apart (more or less - looks like the Erbitux was done on different days to the other 2 chemos) before starting daily radiation (exc weekends) plus Erbitux once a week. Is this correct? Sorry if someone else has clarified this elsewhere as i have not read all of your posts.

Alex and I are probably in a good position to help you with questions if what I have interpreted above is correct. Alex underwent a similar therapy although our chemo drugs were different. By the way, Erbitux is not strictly chemo but I call it that as the results are the same and the differentiation makes no difference to those of us undergoing treatment and suffering the effects.

Have a look at my signature below, think about what we can do to help and if you would prefer to talk, just send me a private message and I will respond with my phone number.

Best of luck to you and your brother.

Karen
PS Alex and I are 14 months beyond last treatment, and over 18 months beyond start of treatment with no evidence of disease (NED)at last check up in Aug

Karen
Love of Life to Alex T4N2M0 SCC Tonsil, BOT, R lymph nodes
Dx March 2010 51yrs. Unresectable. HPV+ve
Tx Chemo x 3+1 cycles(cisplatin,docetaxel,5FU)- complete May 31
Chemoradiation (IMRTx35 + weekly cisplatin)
Finish Aug 27
Return to work 2 years on
3 years out Aug 27 2013 NED smile
Still underweight