RAZ,
Welcome from another Houstonian and MDACC grad. Please feel free to write me at my email address, [email protected] if you want to discuss anything about your treatment. Not that I am an expert, but my tumor was also base of tongue with neck nodes and my treatment and yours sound pretty similar.I have been dealing with M.D. Anderson for alomst a year now.
Actually you sound like you are doing quite well for being done a short time. It took me quite a while before I could eat anything, and , once I began swallowing more than liquids, we eventually discovered that my esophagus was blocked too. I had a lot of problems with the constant mucous. I did not go anywhere without a box of kleenex and at home kept a suction machine beside me day and night. Funny thing is, after a while, the mucous dries us and then the problem becomes the dry mouth.
Once again welcome to the board. Although I am not happy that you have cancer, I am happy to meet another Houstonian on the board. I look forward to hearing more on your progress.

Danny G.

Stage IV Base of Tongue SCC
Diagnosed July 1, 2002, chemo and radiation treatments completed beginning of Sept/02.