Hi there to me indeterminate... means undetermined... basically they don't know? Sometimes what happens with oral cancers is that there are cancer cells in the node, however, they are so small they are undetectable. This is why a lot of surgeons to do neck dissections, mind you this is depending on they type of cancer, and location. And whether they consider it insitu. A neoplasm is a new growth (tumor - though it doesn't have to be cancerous), and your epiglottis is the little flap of tissue that protects your airway to prevent foods and fluids from their way into your lungs when you swallow, a mass on the fold would concern me too. I know drs don't get excited by small things but I would still want clarification. I am not one who is generally accepting when it comes to wait and see. Is it supposed to be there... NO? then get it the heck out... but that's just me. If he figures he can look at the growth and know whether it's cancerous then that's fine as long as he does something about it. I am sorry I'm not sure what an MDL is someone will be along to share I am sure. I believe that area is part of the larynx, but it's also base of the tongue. I wish I could help more... good luck! with the biopsy.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan