Hi,

I'm so glad I finally found this forum...have been searching the internet for days now. I've had a sore throat with pain radiating down into the right side of my chest for going on 5 months now. I went to my ENT 6 weeks ago and he diagnosed it as reflux and put me on med. I went for return appt last week with little symptom relief.

He did a scope down my nose and found a mass on my right lingual tonsil. I asked if it could be cancer and he said there was a possibility. He ordered an MRI of my neck. Initially I was not too concerned as I read that reflux can irritate tonsils, but my concern is that it is unilateral. He said that it is fairly large and my referred pain could be that my epiglottis is getting caught up in the mass.

I had my MRI yesterday and have to wait for results until next Monday, dr is out of town. I'm trying to keep busy, but find myself doing way too much reading on internet. I know no one can give me answers, but guess I just needed to post this to someone who has been in my shoes. Thanks for listening.

Shannon~