Hey there - okay - I'm from Toronto and I have never in my life paid for a pathology report - unless you"re a newly arrived Canadian - its all covered by OHIP - I don't know if they're charging you because it's a dentist doing it or what but here's my suggestion. Find an ENT that will take you ASAP! Call them - explain why you need a biopsy - tell them about the node, (if it's swollen and palpable, and you test positive it will have to come out along with a few of it's closest friends. ) if it is in your node it has already moved - this is why you need to be seen immediately. If you've had this node for 4 months that is a long time! Tell the ENT secretary this. I don't want to scare you but time is very important. If you wait until the 17th the path can take up to 10 days! That puts you almost into November. That's too long to wait. Call around find out who in your area can take you the quickest. Then get a referral from your GP. Tell them you are willing to be put on a wait list - and can be ready to go in no time. That way if they have a cancellation they can and will call. If you do test positive, the next steps are referral to a top notch ENT and a ct & MRI. If you are okay with paying, call around to dental surgeons too see who can fit you in. You don't say where you live in Ontario. But if it's close to Toronto, PMH is the best place to be treated. If you're not its still the best place. smile priority one is definitely the biopsy! Do not wait - sometimes you have to advocate for your self. push - make noise. Welcome ! And I sincerely hope you simply have an infection of some sort, so you don't have to be here - take care an do let us know what happens. Good luck! Btw - the dental surgeon should have biopsied your cheek. He definitely passed the buck which is a no no. It's cost you precious time. If he had done it like he was supposed to you would know the results that much sooner. And if it is positive then chances are your node will be too. I know some ENTs shy away from doing neck dissections, but usually the procedure here in Canada for a positive oral cancer (tongue, cheek, gum, and jaw) - non HPV related - is surgery first - including a neck dissection. So that node at this point is of little consequence. My surgeon told me I was having my tongue (1/3) replaced, and 40 nodes removed despite the fact that none were highlighted on the scans, thankfully he removed them as one started to swell in the 2 weeks over Christmas - and tested positive in the post op pathology Okay sorry - I may have said too much, but your dental surgeon has peeved me off! smile take care!

Last edited by Cheryld; 09-19-2011 12:43 PM.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan