On anti-inflammatory steroid and swallowing is pretty easy. I should be able to ease off the pills by the end of the weekend. Still a little tight but clearly getting better. Taste is coming back very slowly. I can taste sweet and salt, but bitter and sour are still coming back really slowly. But the best so far is that the burning from anything acidic has really gotten much better. Everything has some kind of citric or ascorbic acid in it it seems and it had been burning me up something good. Tonight, I had some chopped tomatoes and some V8 juice, and there was a little burn but nowhere near as bad as it had been.

All and all I'm on the mend and feeling stronger and better every day. My tumor is on the shrink and I still have a few months to go with the Tx working on it. I think I'm gonna make it people!! Next stop? ALL CLEAR!!! Praise God!!

Dx: 3/11 Stage III glottic laryngeal SCC HPV 16+ Tx Start: 7/18/11 chemoradiation 7wks - Tomotherapy IMRT x 34 / Cisplatin x 7 Tx End:9/1/11]-[as of 1/20/12 - ALL CLEAR!]