LOL, I love it! I'll borrow a phrase my grandpa used once in his shop when he was joking with the guys, "I won't make any livestock jealous but I was comfortable in the locker room"

Now that may have been too risque however I think its important to be able to talk openly about this subject. There should always be respectful boundaries of course (which at times I may test) but sex is an important part of normalcy we all seek after treatment.

In men, tx can do a lot to disrupt physiological functions necessary to perform sexually and that will have huge impacts on every aspect of life, particularly relationships. Opiates and antidepressants cause sexual dysfunction, rads can damage both the pituitary and hypothalmus which help control testosterone production. Post tramatic stress can cause both depression and sexual dysfunction. The deck can be stacked against us in getting that part of life back to good and if open communication and candid yet respectful discussion about it isn't taking place how can solutions be found? Humour just helps that discussion get going by lightening the mood, breaking the ice.

The great thing about this forum is that its anonymous so people can share without feeling judged. Personally I've never cared what people think of me as an adult, so I'm very candid and open about it.

My thoughts for what they are worth. I hope solutions are found for you Wanda, thank you for starting this important discussion.

Comfortably yours

Eric

Last edited by EricS; 09-07-2011 08:55 AM.

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.