Mom has been home for 4 weeks now with my sister as her primary cg. She does have a home health agency but visits are too infrequent and short and we were "penalized" for a Saturday visit (feeding tube #1 blockage) so they didn't really visit the following week. Long story short is that Mom's care not up to par. Anyway, here we are with a clogged J tube just 2 weeks into its life! Part of the problem (besides not having experience) is perhaps the formula's density/fiber. Mom is taking Osmolite 1.5, about 75 rate/12 hour total overnight. She's 90 lbs, so we need the calories. We like the flexibility of not being tied to the feed pole, but could add more hours if needed. She's tolerating this formula really well. Any recs on formulas would be greatly appreciated. I seem to be in the majority here when I say that y'alls information and help is (sadly) much much more valuable amd relevant than the docs and health professionals we see.

Mom age 84 dx stage IV papillary cancer mandible 10/10; non-smoker, drinker, HPV-. Surgery 2/16/2011; mandibulectomy. 0 pos lymph nodes, has been in long-term hospital since March 2011. Returned home 8/11, permanent PEG tube.