Good day to you all. I finally found my way back into this site and from what I have read this morning, I know I should have come in earlier.
I had my last radiation treatment the 2nd of May and started them the 17 of March with 3 scheduled chemotherapies during the radiation.
My cancer was (yes I said was) in the tonsil/tongue area on the right side of face.
The lesion was found when I went to a dentist to have new dentures made. What I thought was a sore caused by ill fitting dentures was in fact a invasive squamous T3-T4 cancer.
After induring the therapy I came home (oh, I had all my treatments at KU medical in Kansas City, Kansas and spent a couple weeks recouping at my family's home in Topeka)
I still can't eat. I did not have a feeding tube and felt (as did the doctors) that I would be ok without. I have radiation burns? or scar tissue in throat area with the edges of my mouth being sore too.
I am drinking all the Boost, Ensure and those kinds of products, but I want to eat.
I try to eat and before I put food on my tongue I am gagging or at least thinking about it.
Water and I are getting along fine, and I can drink ice tea.. not too cold.. but hot tea is a no no too.
I know this is long, and if it gets deleted so be it. I haven't anyone to talk to who has been
where I am.
I want to eat but without dentures (teeth felt like I had stuck a porcupine in my mouth when I tried to put them in Oh, I am just about over a bout of thrush so that is another reason I can't wear teeth.) I am finding it hard to figure out what to eat that will go down.
My tastebuds are just beginning to heal and I have been told that maybe I am rushing things. Frustration is part of the game right now. I have lost over 40 pounds and altho I had it to lose, I would rather not lose anymore.
Does anyone of you have ideas that might let me eat. My mother and friend are telling me to try baby food, but money is becoming an issue.. I don't have insurance and lost my SSI because of my sons death and being his beneficiary.. that is another story and will be included in a future story.. but until I spent down to $2,000 I don't have anything coming in. I did get it down the first of June.. but now am waiting on the powers that be to decide if I put any of the insurance in a numbered Swiss account of if I lived on it. As I said another story.
Thank God KU medical didn't wait to treat me.. that would have been another story.
So, please if you kind people would, I am lonely, scared and alone with all these questions and would love a response from you.
I go back next week for the next CT scan and to see my ENT that will tell me if all the cancer got zapped or if I need more treatment. I am scared, but know that I still have fight in me.
God willing I will be ok, if not I will handle what comes.

Thank for your help God bless you and Hugs from me,
Judy wink

If God brings you to it... He will bring you through it.... remember that God loves you.. and I do too.