Thank you for the tip about a different type of fluoride. I will look it up as that is my job right? I totally agree that it is better to feed some information to my hubby than to have him guessing and worrying. I feel that I know about all of this thanks to you. Yes, if it were me I would be finding out how long things would take.

I will continue to talk to him in little bits. Every one in a while he will get a bit curious and then if I start to tell him he will say in an impatient tone, "do you know something that I don't know?". Um yes I do but he will only listen when he chooses to. I am a planner, as you all well know now, and so it would help me. I think that he feels like he cannot fight as well if he is worrying about how long things will take. I have to admit, he has really defied some of the odds and he wants to continue.

I will try to be diplomatic but I have to say that I do not want to be snapped at after all that we have been through.

He called his dentist and she said to take a break from the trays and fluoride because it is really an irritant. So we will continue.

caregiver for husband
diagnosed with oral cancer May 2011 after 6 mo
node lft side and several in jaw involved
Base of Tongue Stage IVA
7 weeks radiation
Cisplatin-3 chemos (beginning,middle,end) IntraV administration