When this topic and mention of the book "The Emperor of all Maladies" first appeared, I did get the book and read this amazing account of the history of cancer. The other book that Brian mentioned, "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks", I put on my list of books to read but it was not until I received a notice from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville, that it came to mind again. The author of this book, Rebecca Skloot, will be giving a lecture at my University this coming Monday! I downloaded the E-Book and am in the middle of reading it right now, - hopefully will be finished by Monday when I attend the lecture. Henrietta Lacks' cells were biopsied, showing signs of immortality, multiplying continually, and have been used in medical research worldwide. There will probably be time for questions, so if anyone can think of specific questions I should ask, let me know and I will do my best to get them in. You can get the book at Amazon thru OCF. It's only $6.97 and the E-Book is $9.99. Just go to the top of this page, click on "Forums", then Amazon.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)