To give you some backstory. 5 years ago when I was 17 I suddenly noticed underneath my right jaw swell up like a huge marble while I was eating. It was painful and I went to a dentist. The dentist said it was a salivary gland stone and snipped the tip of the gland, where the stone was lodged. 2 weeks later, the gland closed up where it was snipped, probably from healing wrong or scaring. My mother and father didn't have insurance, and it wasn't really causing a huge quality of life problem, so I just let it be. It still would allow a little saliva to come through, but not enough to empty the gland.

For 5 years I've simply gotten used to it. The submandibular gland on my right side is enlarged and probably functionless.

It's 5 years later, still no health insurance, and I noticed a small pea sized lump developing in the back of the floor of my mouth under the side of the tongue, where that gland is. The gland is bigger than normal as of the past 2 weeks, and I can physically feel the size of it. It's not noticeable to anyone else unless they plalpate, but it is significantly bigger on the right side than the left.

Here is my worries. I have every risk factor. Male. Previous smoker. Moderate drinker. HPV (my longterm girlfriend told me she had it before we got together). Family history, my grandma had devastating jaw cancer and half of her jaw is missing.

I don't know where to start. I have no insurance, I am young, and I have about a thousand saved up in the bank. I'm in student loan debt and struggling. I know this thousand will let me get the process started, but I want the money to get me as far as possible. Who should I see first to get a biopsy/diagnosis?