My uncle Ron was diagnosed 9 years ago with nsclc(squamous cell),stage 3. He had a lobe of his right lung surgically removed and received radiation and he has been cancer free up until this last month. His pulmonologist has been looking at a spot on his right lung the last year or so and his latest ct stated that it got slighly larger. He was sent for a pet and there was uptake also noted in his right neck as well as in his throat. They first biopsied the growth in his lung which was returned positive for nsclc again. He then had tonsillectomy and during surgery, they removed and biopsied an area at the right base of tongue which looked suspicious. Both returned negative for cancer. He then had ct of neck and chest. Nothing showed in his neck on ct, so no enlargement of lymph nodes, just uptake on the pet. My uncle had a appointment with multi disciplinary clinic at William Beaumont Hospital who are treating the lung cancer as an early stage with chemo and a lower dose of radiation. They dont seem too concerned with lymph node in neck. My fear is that they missed the primary when they gave him tonsillectomy. I know this could be an inflammatory process but i'm still a little concered. I thought an image guided fna would be in order but they dont seem to want to go that route. Any thoughts would be appreciated

SCC tonsil(left) with contralateral mets. Modified right neck disection August, 2002. 33 rads(62 gy)both sides of neck and 3 cycles cisplatin completed October 25, 2002. 34 yo at time of diagnosis