Its been a while since i've posted. I've been on the forum and reading but have not contributed much, mainly because other posters are so much more wiser and eloquent than i am.

Well its now 1 year since treatment started. I have to say that i've been doing really well. I'm back at work full time and have started going out again. My saliva have started to come back as well. Taste buds still have a long way to go but this does not bother me at all. I'm just happy to be alive and be with my beautiful family and friends. Life in general is great!!!

I Was hoping to reach the 1 yr anniversary of my treatment ending but then i get a sore. Its now 2 weeks and it has not healed yet. So panic has set in. Gosh how fast does your mental state change. Anyways i'm calling my ENT tomorrow and scheduling an appointment - probably for a biopsy. Meanwhile the waiting game has begun.

Thank you to everyone on this forum but especially to Charm, Christine, all the Davids and Jim. Your knowledge and wisdom has helped me through this past year. I dont know how i would have made it without you guys on here. So thank you again

Minh

35 Yrs old
03/10 SCC T1-T2
Partial Glossectemy end March - margins not clear enough.
While waiting for resection - cancer returned,2 new cancerous lumps
Re-section End May & flap from cheek attatched. Margins clear.
Mid June - 4 teeth out
Mid July -32 Rads and 3 Cisplatin
6th Sept 10 Finished Treatment!!