Hi everyone. I haven't been on for a while and thought I'd better update everyone on how we are going. Still no movement on Steve's jaw issue as yet. We are getting absolutely no where with our local hospital even though our other hospital are pushing them as hard as they can to do something. So we are still dealing with an untreated jaw with osteoradiocrenosis that has been like this for more than a year now. On the up side we have an appointment with the RO next Thursday for Steve's 3 monthly check up and will be getting him to transfer all of Steve's medical care to another hospital, in our hometown. We are finally returning home and there is a HBO chamber there so we will be able to follow this step further when we get settled back home in north queensland.

Today Steve told me that one of his teeth is loose. I'm not sure where we go with this. I will speak with his doctor about it next week and see what he says. But on the up side Steve is now 20 months cancer free which I hope and pray continues. The fears never go and the what if's always remain but we are slowly but surely starting to live life again. Take care all. You are all always in my heart xx

Wife to Steve 43. DX 5 May 09. T4N2MO SCC tongue, floor of mouth, lymph nodes & jaw bone
No surgery
Teeth removed 06/07/2009
radiation 13/07/2009 x 7wks
chemo 15/07/2009 x 3 Cisplatin
last TX 28/08/2009
25/11/2009 PET-lymph node activity.
08/01/2010 CT Scan-ALL CLEAR
03/03/2010-Peg removed
01/2013 left side of Jaw removed and replaced with pectoral flap.
23/12/2020 scan show lesion in tongue
01/2021 SCC stage 3 base of tongue diagnosed
01/03/2021 chemotherapy started.