Hi Gary,
All that showed was leukoplakia. That's all. The oral pathologist has now since retired from practice. I was also treated for gum disease with scaling.

When I was employed, I was offered insurance thru the employer, I already had coverage thru my exhusband so I declined because we were still legally married at that time.

Once the divorce was final, I lost coverage. I obtained a letter thru the insurance company with the date coverage terminated and presented it to my HR rep. She submitted it to the ins co and they declined coverage because too many days had lapsed in between the time I lost coverage and the time I applied for coverage as a change of circumstance. I would have had to wait until open enrollment in the winter to apply.

My only preexisting condition is a history of migraine headache but gosh, I have had them since I was a teenager.

I did check into a policy with blue cross/blue shield and they want $80 a month, $5,000 deductible, no coverage for preexisting conditions for 12 months.

Hopefully something will pan out soon.

I know all of this is very expensive!