Chetan, yes to the fluoride trays. You can get either stannous or sodium fluoride gel from your dentist I'm sure.

I didn't get a PEG and later wished I had. Starting a few weeks into RT I found it extremely painful to drink even water. From what I've heard from others it isn't a big deal - a friend had one placed just a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't much trouble for him.

There were a couple of prescription mouth rinses I used to allegedly help with sores. None of them did much, in my opinion. I didn't know about the manuka honey or certainly would have tried it. I also didn't know about the so-called Magic Mouthwash... but I have a feeling that the viscous lidocaine I was using to try and numb my mouth prior to drinking my daily liquid nutrition might have served the same purpose. Which is to say it helped a little but not a lot - it numbed my mouth but not my throat.

And yes, please do count on us. We're all in your corner. Sounds as if you have a great medical team. Keep us posted... and...

Courage!

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18