I am approx. 5 months removed from treatment now and have recieved two ALL CLEAR scans with the next coming in July. I dont know If I am overworking my mouth or maybe salts or other things in food have messed with me, or it is just in my head. I guess I am just asking for some good signs of what to look for to be worried about and what may just be normal after issues. My cancer was on the left side of my tongue, and it (tongue) as a whole looks very good for what happened except for the fact it is teathered and fused a bit. But, it almost looks like the gum back at my lower wisdom tooth is inflamed and grown over half the tooth, a bit sore too. It is still ver pink but has a white edge around where it meets the tooth, both sides do but the left side is a bit sore, am I just freaking out? I just don't want to freak out and wait at the hospital all day like I usually do for just being a worry worm. Hopefully it is normal.Thnks!

Your Friend,
Nate

SCC left lateral tongue, left neck dissection. 2 nodes positive. 3 All Clear then ITS BACK 8/23/11 Shows 1cm in tongue in CT SCAN, Radial Free Arm Flap with Radical Neck Dissection 9/20/11 , All Nodes Negative, But Tongue Tumor Poorly Differentiated. Awaiting next step in treatment on 10/5/11... RIP Nate 7/28/12