Wow Gemma,

You've got a lot on your plate for a 17 year old my dear, I'm very glad that you've found OCF.

The only way to tell if the gland or lump is cancer is a biopsy. An ultra sound, MRI, PET, CT etc's will only show an area of concern that has to be biopsied to tell if it's in fact cancer by running a pathology report on the sample. To ease your mind, have your medical team biopsy the gland and the lump as it's the only way to get the definitive answer you'll need to keep your imagination and fears from getting the better of you.

I hope you find answers my young friend, the people on these forums are here to give advice and support, I hope you use them often. Liz (Cookey) on these forums is from the UK and may be able to help direct and guide you through your system if you have any questions there, literally the gal is an expert and would be a great resource.

Best of luck and keep your chin up.

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.