Got back yesterday from the Chattanooga Oral Cancer Walk. My daughter and a friend of ours all went and it was just the greatest!!! Beautiful weather! great speakers and entertainment, a goody gift bag, and oh! the food was an unexpected pleasure and delight! I got an oral cancer screening which I had been looking forward to ever since my own dentist gave me one with the Velscope and the worried look on his face when he examined my mouth and later, when he mentioned leukoplakia, really had me going with all the negative "what-ifs". I had been having trouble with getting a second opinion here, but the Chattanooga Oral screening really put my mind at ease. There was a raffle and secret auction and everyone was so friendly and helpful. I posted a pic on my FB page. I think my T-shirt was too big but I wore it proudly. I'm a 10-12 and should have ordered a medium. Maybe I'll grow into it. Definitely planning to go again next year!

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)