I understand the difficulty in stopping the use of tobacco, but I am sorry to inform you that your decision to switch to spit tobacco may not help your lot in life. The truth is, there is good data that shows that spit tobacco may be more dangerous than smoking. Please read about it in the tobacco part of our site. Its close and prolonged contact with the soft tissues in the oral environment make it a leading cause of oral cancers. Sports figures en mass have stopped using it, and begun to speak out against its use. There are few playing fields in the US where ballplayers can chew while engaged in the sport. NSTEP is an organization with tons of information on this type of tobacco use (visit their web site) and none of it is good. You may have traded one demon for another. Please also read the Tuttle story and the Sean Marsee story in our people section. I won't preach anymore. Please just check out the information and then make an intelligent, informed decision for yourself.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.