Karen....I hear you about Coding I'm going to put in Medical Records also.

In Jan. my leg gave out emergency (femur) hip replacement surgery. On top of it all I was on Fosamax and what I'm hearing Fosamax is not good for some people it can cause many problems. Getting back to Medical Records at the hospital I was at they put in my Medical History CA Lung with resection. I NEVER had that!!!! Try and get that off your Medical Records. I owe $3500 for my deductible I told them you ammend my Medical Records and I'll pay you. They had the nerve to tell me they are going to put me in collection. Go right ahead I'm so tired of arguing with them. In October I have to pick up a supplement I can imagine what my monthly payment will be.

I feel they have imcompetent people working in Coding and Medical Records. They can ruin a persons life within seconds.

I hope you all have received copies of your Medical Records.

If you believe the coding is wrong ask what code they used and look it up. I have BCBS the coding was wrong once it was corrected it took a long time but it was done. BCBS gave me the code that was used it wasn't right. BCBS also gve me the right code and I went fom there. Don't take no for an answer I'm not going to concerning THEIR mistake on my medical records and if I have to get an attorney I will.

I hope you can clear this up with your insurance and the Coding Dept. I'm not stopping until they ammend my records.

AND they also billed my insurance for 17 PT treatments Hmmmm...I was in the hospital for 3 days. I asked them did you pull 17 out of your hat I counted 5...

Karen I hope you get this straightened out don't give up. I would meet face to face with the Director of Coding it's THEIR mistake not yours and you shouldn't have to suffer for it.

Connie

SCC. of the left lateral tongue, anterior two thirds, T1 possibly a T2.
Left partial glossectomy, left selective neck dissection 4/21/09. Nodes clean, No Rad, No Chemo.

CT Scan 9/11 clean, CT Scan 9/12 clean

Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL. A+.

My hometown Lockport, NY.