Hi Everyone! Can't believe I haven't been here is so long. Mary is 3 years out, and doing fantastic!! It is almost like it never happened....and then a question.

Mary has been complaining this last week that it bothers her under her tongue and along side her tongue towards her throat. She had the area checked about 5 months ago by her surgeon who told her that she had a blocked saliva duct in the area and he was not concerned. Seemed better for a while, but now that area is bothering her again. Seems a little pink, but no obvious swelling or excoriated areas, somewhat painful-or at least she is very "aware" of the area. She does not always do her tongue exercises as she should, finds them a bothersome remiber if the cancer. She has been doing warm water and baking soda gargles with no relief.
So I was just wondering if anyone had similar complaints a couple of years out? I told her to make an appt with her local dentist today to see if he could determine the problem-and of course she will need to follow up in Boston.

CG to friend Mary. SCC Stage IV-A of rt. tonsil, mets. to lymph node on rt. DX 06/07,tonsillectomy 08/07, Chemo Cisplatin, Taxotere and 5FU X3 cycles; RAD completed 1/20/08 RND scheduled for 3/08. 54yr.old, NS, social drinker.