I visited my ENT for the left ear problems and mainly for the air coming out my ear when I blew while holding my mouth and nose to open it a little. The ENT found it to be badly encrusted with blood, puss and who knows what else. Then he put peroxide in to loosen the crust and suctioned it out. I have no idea what else he was doing in there but that is the most pain I have experienced while awake. A little of the crust came out but much more was still there. He gave me a script for Floxin. When I got home my ear had about 1/8th inch on crust stuck to the lobe, which I dug off. Nasty looking stuff. Then the ENT sent me to one of his colleagues for a pressure test which I have no idea the results.
From there I went to the Plastic Surgeon for the lesion on the top left side of my head, directly above my left ear. His opinion was to take it off and get it biopsied. His Dr Asst. cut it out and showed it to me. Hairy thing it was and ugly. I go back for follow up with the ENT and the plastic surgeon in April , the 8th for the Plastic surgeon and the 28th for the ENT. LOL I can't believe I type this much and didn't accidently delete it before I could post. WOW

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here