Yes that was reassuring... But you know - I'm pisssed and scared - and frustrated. I asked yesterday about both scans. Part of the reason I am doing this treatment is because I wanted this treated aggressively. They both said I was in a gray area whether to offer the chemo and radiation. But because of the extra capular involvement of my node they were leaning towards yes.. I agreed. So yesterday when I asked about the scans - I was worried when he mentioned the nodules in my lungs but got over that after talking to an oncologist... Then today he tells me that a node in my neck on my right side contrasted on the CT 3mm - and because of this he's changing my plan - to include the right side even though it may well be nothing. - that's fine... I'm happy with that -however... What has me peeved is that yesterday I said to him - what about my scans - he said well if there was anything I would have noted it. Then he sent his resident who was the one who came back and mentioned the nodules. Then i said and what about the head and neck CT. He saidnit was just a baseline scan to compare in the future... Okay - so then today he tells me this - so what the heck???? So does that mean if I hadn't asked him about the scan and then had a bit of a melt down. - with my nurse practitioner after going home, that he likely would not have reviewed the scans and changed my plan? Seriously? This is scary....

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan