Three weeks ago I was a healthy person with my own consulting business looking forward to a long life with my grown children out of the house and terrific second husband.

I had a persistent mild sore throat and some swallowing issues. Feb 24th saw the ENT who found the tumor and scheduled me for a biopsy. I got on the web and found the top guy in New York, saw him on March 3rd and am scheduled for transoral robotic surgery and a neck resection in New York City this Friday. The MRI and PET show bilateral lymph nodes which from my internet research doesn't look good.

I am more worried about going through radiation and chemo and the short and long term side effects than I am about the surgery which I know will be top notch (he's done almost 200). I am looking for anyone with experience on other than the standard cisplatin and high dose IMRT radiation that I am certain will be recommended.

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Non smoker, healthy 59 year old woman with newly discovered suspected T2 Supraglottic tumor with imaging showing bilateral lymph node involvemnet. Transoral surgery scheduled March 18th.