Hi everyone, it has been a while since I was on this site with our questions and concerns. Michael is doing relatively well � he has had some cervical issues with osteoporosis, spondlystenosis (sp?), and bone spurs and went through some acupuncture treatments as opposed to having epidural injections the alternative recommended. Acupuncture maybe helped minimally. Recent scare with lump in his neck found by the ENT � had two MRI which were �normal� � great news. That five year date is 12/05/11. He has had on-going dental issues and seen a variety of specialty dentists. Now they want to do one root canal and one extraction so we are looking into hyperbaric treatments. I have read some of the posts, haven�t made it through them all yet on the treatments and glad that they generally seem to indicate favorable results. However, yesterday he had his first consult with the hyperbaric doctor, he went by himself, I usually go with him. Anyway when he got almost done they told him he should start immediately and the cost is $1,800. per treatment for 30 treatments � our insurance would potentially pay 80% leaving us to pay 20% or $10,800. if my math is correct. Is this the usual cost? What is everyone else who has had been paying? We are on the Mississippi Gulf coast so treatment options close by are fairly limited. We are going to another place tomorrow; they wouldn�t give a price quote on the phone. We were both pretty horrified by the cost as well as somewhat concerned about the procedure. Any in-put on average costs would be much appreciated and any positive stories on hyperbaric outcomes also appreciated. Thank you very much

Barbara S
C/G to Michael age 64, stage 1 base of tongue SC cancer and a stage one for a couple lymph nodes, diagnosed 09/12/06, IMRT radiation 10/24/06 to 12/05/06 , last PET / CT scan 11/7/11 - still cancer free!!!