I had my 6th month check up today at my hospitals cancer clinic.
I know I have issues with either inflammation and or granulation, ulceration,Leukoplakia,??? and have had a biopsy scheduled for the 7th of March for some time now with my oral surgeon.
This is on the front between the tongue and flap.
The scare was when the (new to me doctor but said was an assistant to the H&N surgeon) looked down the back of my throat and said she could see a white patch.
She sprayed the area to numb it and 10 minutes later the H&N surgeon came to have a look with her. He prodded and poked and said it was something in the crypt on or near tonsils. Did not catch it all but think he mention debris and a little bit of something did fall out. Have since goggled and in case it happens to someone else though I would post it.
Here is just a little bit of what I think was the problem .
�The tonsils are two glands found at the back of the throat. They are part of our immune system, making antibodies and white blood cells which help protect us from infection. Tonsil stones (also known as tonsilloliths) are a common condition characterised by small, hard, foul smelling, yellow stones located within the deep crypts of the tonsils. Food particles, bacteria, oral debris and white blood cells become trapped in the crypts, hardening & calcifying over time.�
No one has mentioned a bad smell to me so hope I did not have that confused
Now for the biopsy in a couple of weeks..will let you know.
Gabriele

History Leukoplakia bx 8/2006 SCC floor mouth T3N0M0- Verrucous Carcinoma.
14 hour 0p SCC-Right ND/excision/marginal mandibulectomy 9/2006, 4 teeth removed, flap from wrist, trach-ng 6 days- no chemo/rad.
6 ops and debulking (flap/tongue join) + bx's 2006-2012.
bx Jan 2012 Hyperkeratosis-Epithelial Dysplasia
24cm GIST tumour removed 8/2013. Indefinite Oral Chemo.

1/31/16 passed away peacefully surrounded by family