Thanks again, all! (and thank you, David for getting back to the issue) I'm still trying to work 8-5 and find I don't have a lot of energy or time but when I DO have a bit of time I'd rather spend it worthwhile. I'm finding that I am experiencing a low-grade sore throat for most of the day lately. Low-grade meaning to the average person it'd be about a "7" on a 1-10 scale) I'll be going to Winship Cancer Inst. (emory here in Atl) on Fri afternoon (pray for me?) and they'll probably suggest chemo (no more radiation is possible, I'm quite happy to know!)This is, I understand only a "temporary fix" as the larynx will eventually need to come out.
Should I expect the throat discomfort to continue until the chemo "kicks in" or is it to become my constant companion? What chemo is the best? (I'll obviously ask my new doc THAT one, too!) I don't mind the nausea but I'd like to continue to work for as long as possible (until very near the end, I hope!)
What is the recovery time for lymph node removal surgery (yeah-there's THAT issue also) but I figured just IT could be cut out and let chemo work on the larnyx area. How do I go about getting a second opinion from a GREAT doctor?
Okay, enough questions for the moment- if I don't get some answers with "meat" in 'em I'll probably re-post. Is that best? or just stay with this thread?
You guys are the experts here, and I'll do (most of) what you say. ;-)
PLEASE RESPOND IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING I NEED TO HEAR. EVEN IF I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!!!!
thanks again, EVERYONE and God bless. I need you guys. really

SCC right tonsil Dx 14 Feb 03
No surg till Apr 03
Lip resection Sep 05 "frankenface"
Recurr Apr 10
2/3 tongue removed Jun 10
SPEECH/SWALLOW/DROOL challenges FUN!
Dec 10 Tumor @ nodes/larynx/cart artery growing
Erbitux Mar 11 Hyoid bone regrows!?
recur Dec 12
begin taxo chemo
10yrs-still kickin!