Thanks, Christine. I am fortunate that both my dentist and hygienist are aware of my problems. They both have been very supportive. My teeth aren't really painful, but every time I go for a check-up there are more cavities, it's very frustrating. But I have to be glad that even though the radiation really did a number on my teeth, it, along with the chemo seems to have stopped the cancer, at least for now. This form of cancer is really the pits, isn't it? I know that I had no idea what was involved until I actually got it. My mom died of ovarian cancer but in a way, this is worse.

Female, nonsmoker, 70, diag. 5/09 after tongue biopsy: stage IV. Left hemi-gloss. and left selec. neck disec. 30 lymph nodes removed May 20. Over 7 weeks daily rads. with three chemo. PEG removed 12/4/09 Am eating mostly soft foods. Back to work 11/09 Retired 4/1/11. 7 clear scans! Port out 9/11. 2/13. It's back: base of tongue, very invasive
surgery involving lifestyle changes. 2/14: Now speaking w/Passey-Muir valve. Considering a swallow study. Grateful to be alive.