My husband went to his regular PCP today to get some Rx's that he needed - his doc couldn't believe how hard or firm his throat and side of face (cheek) felt! John wasn't having one of his "better" days today - he was sick about 4x and has been saying that his shoulder is so stiff and sore, along with his throat. I think he was sick on something he ate this morning (breakfast sandwich with sausage in it)..that might have been the culprit. But anyways, I'm hoping he feels better again soon. His next appt. with his oral surgeon is set for next week. Generally speaking, John doesn't sleep on the side of the surgery....but no matter how he sleeps or what angle, the "hardened neck syndrome" is still there and a constant problem. He is currently 4 months post-op, so I imagine this still needs more time to heal. At his last doctors visit - the surgeon didn't seem too concerned - like everyone has said, seems to be the "norm" under this circumstance. Anyways - thanks again to all for the helpful feedback. I do sppreciate it!

DonnaJean