my tumor was half in post 3rd of tongue and half in anterior of tongue, they removed whole right half of my tongue, and they still called it oral cancer. I don't know where they get base of tongue as throat, probably cuz if you look at anatomy books and such, it shows the base of your tongue back by the opening of ur "throat" which some classify starting at your larynx, but it's all a big confusion to me. I didn't like so much that they classified it as throat, but to each their own I guess.

There's a lot about MD's story that just doesn't add up to me. Like how he says from what he knows of this cancer, he has it beat, even though he only went through what? 6 months of treatment?? Unless it's caused by HPV which is what I am thinking, there's no way he should be saying that. To me, that makes it look like oral cancer is a walk in the park, when it's far from it. When i heard him say that, i yelled at the tv, lol. Maybe he was just trying to be "positive" but i just think we aren't hearing the whole truth behind his story because he is a celeb!

Just my opinion. He's a great guy and good actor, but things just don't add up!

25/female at diagnosis
Dx;stage 3 SCC tongue 03/25/2010
Surgery 04/13/2010
Trach,ng tube, peg feeding tube
Hemiglossectomy, right side neck dissection, 40 lymph nodes removed. Free-Flap transplant to tongue.
30 rounds IMRT ended July 15,2010