Anne, Im glad to read that things are slightly improved for both you and Harry. Good for you for standing up for your husband! Every patient needs an advocate who will push the staff to do their jobs. The blood pressure issue is something that shouldnt be played around with. Good thing you were there and had a good nurse.

Ive had way too many problems while I was hospitalized. Never had a problem while my son was there. I had alot of young nurses who would come take care of me when he was there. Only a few times he had to round them up for me.

With proper nutrition and hydration it will help Harry to feel better. He must be doing better if he is walking the halls with you. That will help him more than you realize. It will work him muscles instead of letting them atrophy just lying in bed. It will make him feel less helpless. So glad that Harry is up and able to take a stroll with you.

The hospital I go to has only single rooms in their newer wing. Several times Ive stayed in the new part so I forget about the roommate situation. Glad you were able to get him moved. Some people can be so inconsiderate.

Anita is right, Harry is lucky to have you as his caregiver. You are doing a great job!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma