Good evening
I am now week 13 post RT, and 6 weeks post neck dissection. I am becoming overwhelmed by the doubts that kick off in my head about strange syptoms and worry if they indicate renewed cancer activity, cancer spread or just "odd" responses our bodies have to the turturous treatments they get subjected to ? of great concern is the fact that my voice did not change at all during or just after RT, but after neck dissection (at 6 weeks post RT) my voice has become hoarse, weaker, deeper (sound like a heavy smoker). has anyone else experienced this, or should my docs be checking for recurrence. the second worry is that for the past 4 weeks or so i have sore ribs, to touch they feel bruised, tender and particularly noticeable when I am lay down.
I saw my ENT doctor last Friday and told her this, 3 days later I got a call to attend for a PET scan on Monday, here in UK they dont usually offer PET as staandard, and I am shocked by this rapid response and worried it might be a spread or recurrence suspected. previously I never had a hoarse voice. I can expect to have days when my mouth is sore, but the ribs and voice change seem odd and scary . I would love to hear if anyone can offer help, advice, experience
many thanks
Suzy

Stage IV tonsil cancer T3N2bM0. diagnosed in April 2010, had tonsillectomy and some of soft palate removed May. June introductory chemo (Cisplatin/5FU) followed by 6 weeks RT with 4 cycles Cisplatin from mid July to end August. early October modified radical neck dissection RHS.