Just introducing myself. Dave - 29yo.

Only last week found out my cancer had returned. Going through a rough patch right now. I got married June 09 after recovering from the first cancer. Greatest day of my life. Thought i was past it but as we all know, its a sneaky bugger and it snuck back up on me.

I previously had a stage 1-2 SCC on the left BOT. I was diagnosed on the 7/4/08. Surgery on the 7/20/08 and PEG in place for a couple of weeks with a piece of my forearm used to replace. (Forearm radial is it? Can't quite remember)

Went through radiation but no chemo.

Nearly two years to the day i finished radiation i noticed a lump on my tongue that has since been revealed as a stage 1-2 SCC. Possibly a different one as this one is well differentialed and the last one was poorly.

Right now I am waiting for surgery which will occur on monday. Same process as before.

I really wanted to post to say thankyou to the absolutely inspirational people on this forum that have lifted my spirits. I am the only person i know who has gone through this type of cancer and surgery and to find others is fantastic. I will endeavour to post here as often as i can. Surgery will probably remove most of what's left of my tongue but i figure its a very very small price to pay.

I'll update my sig once i figure out the abbreviations etc. smile

Cheers and thanks for reading,
Dave