A few weeks ago I posted some questions having to do with the swelling I have been having with my right jaw and neck. I received a response with was quite helpful, but need additional information. To explain my situation a little clearer, I had 60 lymph nodes removed in April of 2010 and had 30 low level radiation treatments with ended on Aug 17th 2010. I was doing ok and regained much of my taste, however just 2 weeks ago my right jaw and neck above the incision mark from the neck dissection has swollen a lot and became very hard to the touch. It has limited how much I am able to open my mouth. (Only 1/2") which makes it impossible to eat. My doctor tells me in about 6 weeks from now I will be amazed with how better I will be. That all it is, is tissue healing from the radiation and that my voice will be back to what is was prior to surgery and my mouth with open wide like before. So basically he says the swelling is the reason for these things. Is this true? I am banking on it and really looking forward to 6 weeks from now. I need to get back to work, and back into society again. If anyone has any advice or knowledge of this please let me know and thank you for taking the time to read this.

32 Yrs. Male
Diagnosed 3/17/10
SCC right side of tongue stage 2
Surgery 4/20/10
Right hemiglossectomy
Right selective neck dissection levels 1-4
Right anterolateral thigh free flap
Tracheotomy
31 radiation treatments
Nov. PET and CT showed something, hopefully nothing awaiting confirmation