Jim is doing better. The radiation has helped his breathing ability. He fired Hospice - said they complicated things too much and that I do a much better job than they did. I had to agree to some point as it may just be too early; his Dr. is amazed at his strength and she agreed that she may have been premature to count him out yet - he is moving around a little and he said they could come back when he is bedridden; so for now, he is stable. I'm changing his bandages in his wound from the MRSA staff infection. They had me stop his Vincamyacin as his levels are way too high, so waiting to hear back from what to do next. I can still see the MRSA on the silver nitrate packing that I do every day. My spirits are higher than last week; if we can keep his fever down and get rid of this MRSA, then maybe we'll get back to the new normal around here. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes; they are working:-)

Hugs to all,
Paula

Caregiver to Husband 50 yrs.young-non smoker/non-drinker; Stage IV - all treatments stopped August 2009
Lost the battle November 23, 2010