I had the same treatment as your husband and I started back to work part time (four hours/day) 7 weeks after treatment ended. I was quite apprehensive about it but it turned out to be really good for me. Made me feel more "normal" since going to work every day is what I've always done. I am lucky to have a very understanding employer and I was allowed to come and go however/whenever I needed for as long as it took.

At this point (five months post treatment) I'm working full time and doing just about anything I would have done before treatment. I still have to watch what I eat (nothing too acidic, salty, spicy or with black pepper, and nothing too dry) but I'm getting used to it. Subway sandwiches are my new favorite (flatbread is thin and soft and for calories and moisture I have them add smashed avocado and oil) - I never ate "fast food" before treatment and didn't like sandwiches - but things change. It isn't necessarily bad, just different.

SCC BOT HPV+ diagnosed via neck bump and directed biopsy's January 2010. PEG in 2/2010. Finished 35 radiation treatments and 3 doses Cisplatin March 29, 2010. PEG out 6/2010.