What a great suggestion, Susan. Kids can be unthinking and uninformed. When I was teaching Spanish and French at college level, one of the native speaker teachers happened to be from Spain, where everyone speaks Castillian Spanish which includes a lisp for many of the words. So - when teacher evaluations came around, several of her students complained that her "speech defect" made it difficult to understand her! And we all had to chuckle about that one. The students were then informed about Castillian Spanish and that it was the intention of the language department that all students be exposed to various types of Spanish accents. So - Alpaca may have a temporary "Castillian accent" and the students should just "get over it"! Throughout life they will be meeting a lot of people who may not talk exactly the way they do. No one undersood me either when I first came South from "Up North"! It took the Manager and three clerks at Grocery store a good 20 minutes before they could understand that I wanted to know where the rice was. (you know,those tiny little white things that are hard and they swell up when you boil them in water and no, it's not grits!).

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)