I completed my Tx 4 years ago, see below. My saliva and taste seemed to return together and in spurts. I noticed my first improvement at 4 months post Tx and then again at 5 months. These were small improvements but welcomed as my RO's nurse had told me I would be fully recovered in 2 months time. Seriously she told me that. I really didn't notice any more improvement until my 15th month and that was my biggest change. I then noticed another slight improvement at 24 months and nothing since. I would guess that I'm about 90 to 95% back to normal.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.