Still surfing the Net for feeding tube articles, blogs, etc and found this excerpt from a January 2010 blog that says it very well.
[quote]Ensure vs Jevity.
How do they compare in taste?
This is very personal. Ensure comes in a variety of flavors that try to mask the chemicals and pseudo foods in Ensure. They don�t do a very good job, but if you chill your Ensure down to nearly freezing, it�s semi palatable. I can actually drink it w/out triggering my gag reflex.

Jevity, unlike Ensure, is so rich and thick that if you can get past its weird taste, something akin to a carmel fish stick, you still have a heavy thickness to deal with. I tried to develop a taste for Jevity in hopes I could supplement my diet and have my tube removed.
I knew if I were to fly solo on solid food I�d either starve or spend all day at the dinner table because I can only swallow tiny crumbs of food. Neither starvation nor eating all day was a real choice. So I spent about a week cultivating a taste for Jevity. But it didn�t happen. In fact, on five cans a day, I lasted about three days before I began to wretch on the second swallow. Jevity just isn�t tasty.

Which would I recommend? For taste, Ensure. For insurance, Jevity. If your doctor prescribes it, your insurance will pay for most, if not all, of your Jevity. Ensure? Not so sure. The nice thing about Ensure is that since it so closely matches Jevity, if you�re going to travel, you know Ensure is readily available wherever there�s a Walmart. Now you don�t have to lug those heavy cans of Jevity everywhere you go, or worry about running out before you get home.
Bon appetite? Hardly. Bon voyage? You bet. [/quote]

Disclaimer: I have never tasted Jevity as I only got it once I had the feeding tube and was unable (and still can't) manage a single sip nor swallow so I can't vouch for that part. I do remember the Ensure taste from three years ago when I did TX without a PEG and this sounds right.
Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 09-01-2010 10:55 AM. Reason: disclaimer

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13