After reading some of the forums here I am now for the first time afraid.I have so far been diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma of the mouth and they found through the cat scan and a swallow test I can't remember the name of but it starts with a b, of my throat and neck another spot at the base of my tounge. I was sent back to my E.N.T Dr and he has to do a larenscopy? spelling isn't right but I spelled it like it sounds. Anyway he told me that they used to remove the tounge and voice box for what I have is that still true? And do I have to do it? God what an eye opener I am scared to death. I am stupid becuase no one in my family, meaning my mom and sister who is a full fledged nurse won't tell me what the Drs are saying. I don't catch on real quick. I thought this was going to be something they just had to scrape off boy am I stupid. Brenda

49 years young 9/2007 Squamous Cell Carcinoma 33 rad treatments. One year later, 9/17/2008 50 years old through the Grace of God. last check up all clear. Living life as it comes to me.