By all means, please do, I am happy if I can help.

My treatment was sort of strange.
I went to an ENT in Griffin, then for follow up and surgery at Emory. There the surgeon told me after surgery that I needed radiation as well. My petscans were in Fayetteville and PEG/port in Griffin. My first MO tried to "kill" me in Fayetteville. The dentist is in Griffin he also made the tongue depressor to keep the thing in a defined location during IMRT. I then had radiation in Griffin at a brand new IMRT facility and Chemo in Lovejoy.
This sounds crazy, it worked for me since the wife is an MD and all she knows all the "players". They coordinated extremely well, the RO took over after surgery and successfully arranged the PET/CT scans. (Emory had problems doing this). Following radiation the focus shifted back to the oral surgeon/ENT. He is clearly more familiar with the tissues. The MO was only involved during the chemo regimen which he coordinated with the RO. At this point I just see the RO once every year while the surgeon sees me 2-3 times a year.
In general, I would not recommend this crazy scheme. I was very happy with my surgeon at Emory and also with the RO. If I had to choose one place only in the Atlanta area it would have to be Emory. I just do not know the other places.

Hope that helps. PM me so we can talk names.

M

Last edited by Markus; 07-25-2010 12:01 PM.

Partial glossectomy (25%) anterior tongue. 4/6/07/. IMRT start @5/24/07 (3x) Erbitux start/end@ 5/24/07. IMRT wider field (30x) start 6/5/07. Weekly cisplatin (2x30mg/m2), then weekly carbo- (5x180mg/m2). End of Tx 19 July 07.