Thanks Kevin! Sorry if i am bothering you with so many questions, just trying to help my dad. It is nice to hear others stories. I'm curious if you could share some of your swallowing exercises that you were told to do......sometimes i question my dads speech pathologist.......he can't swallow and the only things she has given him to do involve actually swallowing. From the research I've done online, it seems there are tons of exercises to strengthen the neck muscles, etc....in hopes of helping one to swallow again in the future. Even have read about massages that help with the fibrosis, or hardening of the neck. I saw the shaker technique and dads therapist hasn't even mentioned those two words. Do you mind sharing what you did when your pathologist told you they orettt much couldn't do anything more before you tried vitalstim? I just don't want dad doing nothing......I want him to try to strengthen things and keep stetching his mouth....which he cant oooen very far by the way due to past skin cancers and radiation. Any advice would be appreciated. Oh....and i keep seeing hints about thickening liquid....why is that? No one has ever told my ads to try anything besides water or ice chips? Thank you sooooo much!!!!!