When I was diagnosed last May, I was determined to lead as normal life as possible. I called the radiation treatements a "bump in the road". I scheduled tx for 7am so I could have most of the day open. My treatments were a 15 min drive from home. For the first half, 16 or so tx, my energy level was decent and my challenge was dealing with dry mouth and sore throat. I had no problem working, playing golf, kayaking on the lake. About half way through, it seemed that I hit the wall and my energy level really fell. I cut my work schedule back to half time. Two weeks after tx completed, my energy was back to a level that I could work full time. Two months after tx completion, I took a 10 day bucket trip to Tuscany with my son.

My adventure with oral cancer was "a walk in the park" compared to many, for too many reasons to list. But without question, a positive attitude and faith in God played a major part.

Bob, age 64, reformed smoker since 3/85, moderate alcohol,
Right tonsil, 5/20/09 tonsillectomy, T2N0M0, IMRT started 6/17/09, ended 8/3/09, 33TX, no chemo, 11/6/09 & 7/21/11 PET/CT Scan clear