Hello everybody, new to the forum, and activating an OOOOOLD post here, I know, but I came here looking for info about "clear blisters in the mucosa" and lo and behold I found this.

I had tonsillar carcinmoa of my right tonsil, with metastases to my right lymph gland (stage 3). I'm two months out of radiation (33 treatments over 7 weeks) with 3 chemotherapy sessions (Cisplatin) during that time.

Certain foods, particularly acidic foods like tomatoes and salad dressing, cause clear spherical blisters to form on the inside of my lower lip (sort of below my canine teeth), at the back of my jaw, and on the roof of the back of my mouth near my uvula. These are moderately painful (although they werren't at first), recur in the same spots and last for a few hours(?). Sometimes they burst, but other times they subside in a while.

I'm very excited at the notion that these are secondary salivary glands trying to pump saliva into my mouth, since the dry mouth I'm experiencing is very annoying. I also very much like the idea that as my mouth continues to heal, these may stop forming.

47 yr old male non-smoker, social drinker, fit. Jan'10, Stg3 rt tonsil+rt neck SCC, HPV+, rad+chmo Vancouver Cda. 2yr clear Apr'12 London UK. Apr'13 mets recur to lymph btw left lung & aorta, 3x Cisplatin+5FUchemo+20 rad, was all clear but 6-mo PET-CT shows mets to pleura around left lung, participating in St 1 trial of GDC-0980. GDC lost effect and ended July'14, bad atrial fibrillation requiring hospitalisation, start more standard chemo 10 Sep 2014.
Sadly has passed away, notified Jan 2015.