Hi Anita,
It will be exactly 60 days tomorrow since my treatment ended. Since that time, I have had an MRI (which the Omcologist ordered), 2 blood tests, a visit with the Oncologist (2 weeks post treatment), a visit with the Head and Neck surgeon, a visit with the Radiation Oncologist and tomorrow with the Oncologist. The Head and Neck surgeon informed me he will be seeing me every 2 months for the next 2 years. No one has "scoped" me yet. The Radiation Oncologist shoved her hand down my throat, got along both sides of my tongue and it hurt like hell. She was unhappy that my thrush was not in control yet in spite of the fact I take 200mg of Diflucan a day and won't release me. I have to see her again in 6 weeks. But at least they're checking. I sure and grateful I have an HMO that covers everything.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)