Re the fatigue and I'll add weakness. Being a person who was in excellent aerobic shape and perhaps not used to being sick this Tx left me physically weak as a new born kitten for months post Tx. Mentally I was very determined to return to my normal and I'm sure that helped but my body just took a long time to get it's strength back. I will also add that even though I was consuming appx 3000 cals each and every day post Tx I didn't gain a pound until my 2nd year of recovery so looking back it tells me there was a lot of "behind the scenes" activity related to recovering for my Tx.

Again, there is no specific calendar that he can compare his recovery to so it's important for him and you to understand that he will recovery when and how he will. With that said I doubt it will be quick or complete.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.