I live in Idaho, close to the Washington boarder. Where I recieved my radiation treatment was in Lewiston and right across the Snake River is Clarkston WA, with only the bridge seperating the two "cities".

When I was going to radiation, there was this guy from Clarkston that would have his rads done right after me and he was claustrophobic and generally very nervous and uncomfortable before going into treatment.

After a few weeks of treatment, and knowing he was going through chemo at the same time as well, he'd become very relaxed, funny and would often eat snacks before going into radiation. Curious I asked him what changed and how he found an appetite during chemo as by this time I'd lost a lot of weight and had no interest in food. He smiled and laughed and said he was on medical marijuana that he asked his Oncologist in Washington (where it's legal) for a script.

From that time forward, I was actually jealous of the guy and I'd never done an illegal drug in my life to that point and had no interest in MJ. But as treatment went on, and seeing him maintain his weight and his mood always in good spirits I began wishing that MJ was legal in Idaho.

Funny story, I thought I would share. I don't condone smoking pot though...if you're going to do it, vaporize it so you don't release carcinogens! laugh

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.